London’s “The Shard” and Johannesburg’s “Schoolhouse South Africa” Take Top Honors at ENR Global Best Projects Awards
NEW YORK – June 7, 2013 – Engineering News-Record (ENR, http://www.enr.com/), McGraw Hill Construction's industry-leading information source, announced the winners of the ENR Global Best Projects Awards last night in Manhattan. The first annual awards, sponsored by CMiC, were presented at a dinner celebration as part of ENR’s Global Construction Summit.
The ENR Global Best Projects Awards focus on the challenges, risks and rewards of designing and constructing outside a firm's home country. Winners were announced in categories ranging from airports to education, as selected by an independent jury of industry leaders in design and construction. Judges examined projects’ safety, innovations, challenges and design and construction quality, putting special emphasis on global diversity of project teams and how well members worked together.
Judges singled out London’s “The Shard” as “Best Large Project” and Johannesburg’s “Schoolhouse South Africa” as “Best Small Project.” These projects, opposites in terms of size and scale, were noted by judges as particularly innovative examples of global design and construction, excelling in all judging criteria and demonstrating the past year's best achievement in worldwide project excellence.
Additional winners, which are featured at http://www.enr.com/, include:
- Winner, Airports/Ports: MIA North Terminal Development Program
- Award of Merit: El Rodeo Suspension Bridge
- Award of Merit: Autopista Del Coral-Puente Rio Chavon
- Winner, Cultural: SIPOPO Congress Center
- Award of Merit: National September 11th Memorial
- Award of Merit: Zayed University
- Award of Merit: LPV 3.2b West Return Floodwall (North Segment)
- Award of Merit, Government Building: U.S. Embassy in Liberia
- Winner, Green: The Zuellig Building Manila
- Award of Merit: New South West Acute Hospital
- Winner, Office: China Central Television Headquarters
- Winner, Power Industrial: CCPP Yajva State District Powerplant
- Award of Merit: Pannonia Ethanol Zrt. 52 MGY Ethanol Production Facility
- Award of Merit: AirportLink Metrorail Extension
- Award of Merit: MIA Mover APM System
- Winner, Residential/Hospitality: Be Like Brit Orphanage
- Award of Merit: Etihad Towers
- Winner, Roads/Highways: Kosovo Motorway Project (Sect. 1, 2, 3 & 4A)
- Winner, Sports/Entertainment: BC Place Revitalization
In recent years, McGraw Hill Construction has expanded its global footprint beyond critical conferences, offering international project details through the Company's Dodge Global Network, and through its construction SmartMarket Reports that feature key research on sustainability in global markets. For more information, visit www.construction.com.
The call for nominations for the 2014 ENR Global Best Projects Awards will open in December 2013.
To register or learn more about McGraw Hill Construction events, visit http://www.construction.com/events.
# # #
About McGraw Hill Construction:
McGraw Hill Construction’s data, analytics, and media businesses—Dodge, Sweets, Architectural Record, and Engineering News-Record— create opportunities for owners, architects, engineers, contractors, building product manufacturers, and distributors to strengthen their market position, size their markets, prioritize prospects, and target and build relationships that will win more business. McGraw Hill Construction serves more than one million customers through its trends and forecasts, industry news, and leading platform of construction data, benchmarks, and analytics, including Dodge BuildShare and Dodge SpecShare. To learn more, visit www.construction.com.
About McGraw Hill Financial:
McGraw Hill Financial (NYSE: MHFI), a financial intelligence company, is a leader in credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics for the global capital and commodity markets. Iconic brands include: Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, Platts, CRISIL, J.D. Power & Associates, McGraw Hill Construction and Aviation Week. The Company has approximately 17,000 employees in 27 countries. Additional information is available at www.mhfi.com.
Kathy Malangone, Senior Director, Marketing Communications,
McGraw Hill Construction, +1 212-904-4376, firstname.lastname@example.org